2019 Film Competition and Selection Requirements:
Filmmakers entering films for competition must complete and send in the Entry Form and fee (if applicable). A screening committee will evaluate and select films to be presented at the 2019 (MIFF) Mansfield International Film Festival. During the Festival, a jury of industry professionals will select Festival winners with the exception of the Audience Award & People’s Choice Award, which will be decided by audience voting.
Criteria for Submission:
- All entries must be sent or postmarked no later than December 30th, 2018.
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles. Non-subtitled or dubbed foreign language films will not be considered.
- All clearances must be obtained for exhibition.
- Entries may be submitted on DVD (preferably NTSC format) DCP, Blu-ray or File (MP4 or MOV (H.264) with a label indicating the title, running time and application/entry form. Mailed to 928 Breckenridge Dr, DeSoto TX, 75115. They may also be submitted online https://www.withoutabox.com/ as a screener. If submitting online, please send entry form & link to email@example.com . MIFF Strongly encourages film submission via https://www.withoutabox.com/
- Only the Producer, Director, Screenwriter or someone closely connected to the film may complete the application. Schools may submit films on behalf of student filmmakers in the Student Category.
- Only complete entries will be accepted. This includes the non-refundable entry fee paid to the order of Desert Love Community Development, a DVD or online screener.
Film Categories for Competition:
- Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) must be 40 minutes or longer.
- Film Shorts (narrative, documentary, experimental, Student Film) must be 40 minutes or less.
- Big MANS (narrative, documentary, experimental, Student Film) must be filmed in Texas, about Texas or Texans. Must be 40 minutes or less.
- Student films must have been completed after January 1, 2017 and proof of enrollment is required. Student films may not exceed 40 minutes. Although MIFF is a competitive festival, some films may be included in the program in a non-competition section. Unfortunately, MIFF is unable to provide comments about specific films not accepted due to time and resource constraints. No DVD screeners will be returned.
Selected filmmakers may expect the following:
- Filmmakers whose films are accepted for competition will be notified by email by approximately January 15th, 2019. All the privileges due filmmakers will be specified in this correspondence.
- Each accepted film is entitled to one (1) VIP pass, giving free access to all events and screenings (subject to availability) at the Festival. These passes are non-transferable and must be worn at all times in clear view. Passes are not sent by mail but must be picked up in person at the designated Festival site.
- MIFF promotes the schedule of screenings via media including newspapers, emails, programs and radio. MIFF encourages filmmakers to help promote their films by promoting their screening(s) to industry professionals, distributors, the press and the general public.
- For entries selected to the 2019 Festival, an exhibition print or video of the film in proper format (DCP, Blu-ray or File (MP4 or MOV (H.264)) must be received by MIFF no later than January 22, 2019. Failure to comply with technical specifications may result in the removal of the film from Festival competition.
- Filmmakers may not install banners or posters at the theaters without the official authorization of MIFF.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The individual or corporation submitting this film additionally grants the Mansfield International Film Festival the right to one or more public screenings of the entry during the dates of March 6-10, 2019. Entries that are not completed or available for screening must pull their entry prior to February 1, 2019 or the film will be screened as entered.
The management of the Mansfield International Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein.
Questions: Please call 469-399-7337 or visit the website at www.texasmiff.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The management of Mansfield International Film Festival reserves the right to decide all questions regarding rules and regulations. Submission of a film constitutes that the filmmaker accepts the rules and regulations set forth herein. Mansfield International Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Mansfield International Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.